Our own sandy beach is a full 200 metres long. Both children and adults enjoy this child-friendly beach.
In addition to the sun, swimming, boating trips and all the other fun activities children can enjoy at our site, there are lots of other great things they can do around Marbyfjärden.
Short excursions at Eckerö:
• Wildlife safari - join the safari train through the wildlife pen and get acquainted with wild boar, ostriches and deer.
• The Åland hunting and fisheries museum - a museum with lots to explore. Also offers tin casting and pearl excavations.
• The Käringsund fishing village - with idyllic fishing sheds, this was one of the sites used when Astrid Lindgren's "Seacrow Island" (Vi på Saltkråkan) was made into a television series.
• Käringsund - mini golf, pedalos, swimming pool, shallow sandy beach and café. Also offers boats, canoes and bicycles for hire, with the possibility to book boating trips.
• The Degersand shore - a natural and shallow sandy beach. Close to the café and restaurant at the Degersand camping site.
The Åland fire brigade museum with the Klara café - a durable museum where the children can experience sitting in the fire engines. The children's own fire engine is outside for the children to play in while their parents are having a coffee in the café.
The Kastelholm ancient monument site:
Kastelholm castle- the only medieval castle in Åland, Kastelholm has hosted several royal guests. Even Gustav Vasa was among them.
The Jan Karlsgården open-air museum - the Åland equivalent of Skansen in Stockholm, this site is a typical 19th century farm setting.
The Vita Björn royal prison - the old prison is now a museum.
The ruined Bomarsund fortress - the fortress at Bomarsund would have been the largest building in Åland had it not been blown up by British and French troops during the Crimean War in 1856.
Go-cart - who is fastest around the track?
There is a lot to explore in Mariehamn
• Mariebad - bath house with adventure bath, water slide, jacuzzi, fitness pool, sauna, and their own sandy beach outside.
• Lilla Holmen - a bathing island in the centre of town, with a shallow sandy beach, a pirates' ship to play in, a birds' house and cute rabbits.
• The Åland Maritime museum - an exciting museum that even has its own pirates' flag! Due to reconstruction and building works, the museum will close after the summer of 2009. It will reopen with new exhibits in the summer of 2011.
• The museum ship Pommern - board a true sail ship. The Pommern is over 100 years old. Once upon a time, she sailed the seas.
And yet more activities for all the family: